A lot is happening “behind the scenes” with VeggieHappy. We’ve been developing a new mobile-friendly website and venue directory of plant-based options across the U.S. and in Canada. It’s pretty cool, if we do say so ourselves. 😉
Meanwhile, VeggieHappy continues to communicate with venues regarding their plant-based options. Aramark just announced new menu options for their NFL venue roster in 2017. Here are some of their highlighted “Vegan and Vegetarian Options:”
- Vegan Banh Mi (Lincoln Financial Field): Crispy marinated tofu, Napa cabbage, jalapenos, cucumbers, carrots and Sriracha Vegenaise, in an almond flour wrap.
- Vegan and Gluten Free Black Bean Taquitos with salsa and jalapenos (FirstEnergy Stadium).
- Veggie Burger with Mango Chutney (M&T Bank Stadium): Morningstar veggie burger with fresh jalapeno mango chutney on a bakery fresh roll.
- Veggie Dog with Mango Chutney (M&T Bank Stadium): Field Roast’s vegetarian frankfurter with fresh jalapeno mango chutney.
- Roasted Portobello Sandwich (M&T Bank Stadium): Roasted Portobello mushroom with wild arugula, oil cured tomato, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic dressing on a whole grain ciabatta roll.
Please note that our Venue Guide is now redirecting to a placeholder page, while we update the website.
As always, we encourage and welcome fan feedback regarding the plant-based options at your favorite venues. Share your comments with us!
Last, but not least, VeggieHappy is looking for a few volunteers. Volunteers will be able to work remotely and contribute minimal hours. They should be adept at online research, and have a friendly demeanor and good communication skills. We’re also interested in having someone assist us with social media. If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself.
Have a happy rest of the summer, everyone. Enjoy the total eclipse!